After Q3’17, MCI Group generated a net profit of PLN 90.1 million. NAV per share was PLN 20.35, an almost 15 % increase compared to the beginning of the year.
- The NAV per share (NAV/s) stood at PLN 20.35 on 30 September 2017 compared to PLN 17.75 at the end of 2016. This means that the rate of growth from the first six months of this year has been maintained.
- The value of MCI’s assets amounted to PLN 1.379 billion as of 30 September 2017.
- Net profit stood at PLN 90.1 million.
- The company continues to maintain a low level of debt.
– During the first three quarters of the year the focus was laid on work with our portfolio companies and preparation of selected assets for sale. The effects of our efforts to build investment value are particularly visible in the third quarter, when we generated almost half of the profits earned over the course of the entire 9 months. Moreover, the Fund in which most of our assets are invested, MCI.PrivateVentures (MCI.PV), opened itself to a new group of investors, offering public bonds for individual investors for the first time. The two series issued to date sold fast” said Tomasz Czechowicz, President of the Management Board of MCI Capital S.A
MCI assets were worth PLN 1.379 billion as of the end of September 2017. The net asset value per share at the end of Q3 was PLN 20.35 compared to PLN 17.75 at the end of last year (a change of PLN 2.60/share, i.e. 14.6 %). Within three quarters, MCI Capital S.A. generated a return on investment of PLN 102.1 million and a net profit of PLN 90.1 million. One year earlier these figures were minus PLN 27.2 million and minus PLN 32 million, respectively. MCI’s positive investment results this year are the result of the high rate of return of the funds in which the company is involved. MCI Capital S.A. is the largest investor in the MCI.PrivateVentures FIZ (with two sub-funds: MCI.TechVentures and MCI.EuroVentures) and MCI.CreditVentures funds. These funds are also available for individual investors via the private banking network in selected banks and brokerage houses.
MCI.PrivateVentures FIZ is also the first private equity fund in Poland to carry out a public issue of bonds. The offer was received very positively on the capital market. A series of bonds offered in September and October worth a total of PLN 70 million were acquired by over 1,400 individual investors.
MCI maintains a low level of debt – the net debt to equity ratio amounted to 25 %, well below the 50 % limit set by the conditions of the bond issue.